Leaders & Legends of Online Learning
012 Professor Paul Kirschner
Distinguished University Professor Paul A. Kirschner has a background in education, educational design, and educational psychology, which he draws on to critique and promote sound instruction in online education. Paul has a clear and important message for those seeking to teach well (effectively, efficiently, enjoyably) in online settings.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/012-Paul-Kirschner-Final.mp3 | recorded December 2018
Paul's online profile: https://www.ou.nl/zoek-medewerker#!user/PKI
Articles (some freely accessible)
- Paul A. Kirschner, John Sweller & Richard E. Clark (2006) Why Minimal Guidance During Instruction Does Not Work: An Analysis of the Failure of Constructivist, Discovery, Problem-Based, Experiential, and Inquiry-Based Teaching, Educational Psychologist, 41:2, 75-86, DOI: 10.1207/s15326985ep4102_1
- Jos Fransen, Armin Weinberger & Paul A. Kirschner (2013) Team Effectiveness and Team Development in CSCL, Educational Psychologist, 48:1, 9-24, DOI: 10.1080/00461520.2012.747947
- Karel Kreijns, Paul A. Kirschner & Marjan Vermeulen (2013) Social Aspects of CSCL Environments: A Research Framework, Educational Psychologist, 48:4, 229-242, DOI: 10.1080/00461520.2012.750225
- Paul A. Kirschner & Jeroen J.G. van Merriënboer (2013) Do Learners Really Know Best? Urban Legends in Education, Educational Psychologist, 48:3, 169-183, DOI: 10.1080/00461520.2013.804395
- Paul A. Kirschner, Paul Ayres & Paul Chandler (2010) Contemporary cognitive load theory research: The good, the bad and the ugly. Computers in Human Behavior, 27:1, 99-105, DOI: 10.1016/j.chb.2010.06.025
- Paul A. Kirschner & Aryn C. Karpinski (2010) Facebook® and academic performance. Computers in Human Behavior, 26:6, 1237-1245, DOI: 10.1016/j.chb.2010.03.024
Other published works (for purchase)
- Pedro De Bruyckere, Paul A. Kirschner, Casper D. Hulshof (2015). Urban Myths about Learning and Education (1st Edition). Academic Press. Available from Elsevier or Amazon.
- Jeroen J. G. van Merriënboer & Paul A. Kirschner (Editor) (2017). Ten Steps to Complex Learning (3rd Edition). Routledge. Available from Amazon.
- Jan-Willem Strijbos, Paul A. Kirschner & Rob L. Martens (Eds.) (2004). What We Know About CSCL And Implementing It In Higher Education. Springer. Available from Springer.
- Paul A. Kirschner, Simon J. Buckingham-Shum, & Chad S. Carr (Eds.) (2003). Visualizing Argumentation Software Tools for Collaborative and Educational Sense-Making. Springer. Available from Springer.
Brought to you by Leaders & Legends of Online Learning of Leaders & Legends of Online Learning