Leaders & Legends of Online Learning
024 Associate Professor Cheryl Hodgkinson-Williams
Cheryl Hodgkinson-Williams is UNESCO Chair in Open Education and Social Justice. She was involved in the development of the Cape Town Open Education Declaration, which inspired her subsequent local and international work. Cheryl has a deep history in technology-enhanced education and an ongoing commitment to open scholarship and practice.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/024-Cheryl-Hodgkinson-Williams-Final.mp3 | recorded May 2019
Cheryl's profile: http://www.cilt.uct.ac.za/cilt/about/cheryl-hodgkinson-williams
Nominated links (free to access):
- Hodgkinson-Williams, C.A. & Trotter, H. (2018). A social justice framework for understanding open educational resources and practices in the Global South, Journal of Learning for Development, 5(3), 204-224. Retrieved from https://jl4d.org/index.php/ejl4d/article/view/312
- Hodgkinson-Williams, C.A. & Arinto, P.B. (Eds.) (2017). Adoption and impact of OER in the Global South. Cape Town & Ottawa: African Minds, International Development Research Centre & Research on Open Educational Resources for Development project. DOI: 10.5281/zenodo.1005330. Retrieved from: http://www.africanminds.co.za/dd-product/adoption-and-impact-of-oer-in-the-global-south/ (full PDF available)
- Hodgkinson-Williams, C.A. (2014). Degrees of Ease: Adoption of OER, Open textbooks and MOOCs in the Global South. Keynote for the OER Symposium 2014, Penang, Malaysia. Retrieved from https://www.slideshare.net/ROER4D/hodgkinson-williams-2014-oer-asia
- King, T., Hodgkinson-Williams, C. A., Willmers, M. & Walji, S. (2016). Dimensions of open research: Reflections on ‘critical openness’ in the ROER4D project. Open Praxis, 8(2), pp. 81-91.
- Slay, H., Sieborger, I. & Hodgkinson-Williams, C. (2008). Interactive whiteboards: Real beauty or just “lipstick”? Computers & Education, 51(2008), 1321-1341. Retrieved from http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.690.9781&rep=rep1&type=pdf
Published work that requires subscription or purchase:
- Hodgkinson-Williams, C.A. & Paskevicius, M. (2012). The role of postgraduate students in co-authoring open educational resources to promote social inclusion: a case study at the University of Cape Town, Distance Education, 33(2), 253-269. Available from https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/10.1080/01587919.2012.692052?journalCode=cdie20
Brought to you by Leaders & Legends of Online Learning of Leaders & Legends of Online Learning