Leaders & Legends of Online Learning
027 Adjunct Professor Diane Janes
Adjunct Professor Diane Janes has a strong history as an online educator across Canada. Across her career to date she has worked in instructional design, online teaching and education leadership, and her breadth of scholarship and well-grounded perspective make this a very interesting interview.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/027-Diane-Janes-Final.mp3 | recorded May 2019
Diane's online profile: www.dianepjanes.ca
Nominated works (free to access):
- The We are All Related Augmented Reality (AR) project seeks to integrate Indigenous knowledge and teaching methods in post-secondary education, encouraging processes of critical, reflective, and reciprocal relationship-building though the co-creation of AR content. Site contains OER guidebooks for Instructors and Learners. https://sites.google.com/ualberta.ca/sweetgrassar/home
- McMahon, R., Almond, A., Whistance-Smith, G., Steinhauer, D., Steinhauer, S., & Janes, D.P. (2019). Sweetgrass AR: Exploring Augmented Reality as a Resource for Indigenous–Settler Relations. International Journal Of Communication, 13, 23. Retrieved from https://ijoc.org/index.php/ijoc/article/view/11778
- Almond, A., McMahon, R., Janes, D.P., Whistance-Smith, G., Steinhauer, D., and Steinhauer, S. (2018). We are all related: using augmented reality as a learning resource for indigenous-settler relations. Northern Public Affairs 6(2). Retrieved from http://www.northernpublicaffairs.ca/index/volume-6-special-issue-2-connectivity-in-northern-indigenous-communities/we-are-all-related-using-augmented-reality-as-a-learning-resource-for-indigenous-settler-relations/
- Lenert, K. and Janes, D.P. (2017). The Incorporation of Quality Attributes into Online CourseDesign in Higher Education. International Journal of E-Learning & Distance Education 32(1). Retrieved from http://www.ijede.ca/index.php/jde/issue/view/77
Additional nominated works (may require purchase):
- Carter, L. M., and Janes, D.P. (2018). The transition of women to leadership in post-secondary institutions in Canada: An examination of the literature and the lived DIM experiences of two female leaders. In C.L. Cho, et. al (Eds), Exploring the Toxicity of Lateral and Micro-aggressions. Palgrave MacMillan, pp.209-230. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-74760-6_11
- Janes, D.P. (2009). “Delphi and NGT for Consensus Building E-Research”. Chapter contribution to Patricia L. Rogers, Gary Berg, Judith Boettcher, Caroline Howard, Lorraine Justice & K. D. Schenk (Eds). Encyclopedia of Distance Learning, 2nd Edition, Information Science Publishing.
- Bullen, M. and Janes, D.P. (2007). (Eds). Making the Transition to E-learning: Strategies and Issues. Hershey, PA: Idea Publishing Group. (Published August 2006).
Brought to you by Leaders & Legends of Online Learning of Leaders & Legends of Online Learning