014 Professor Allison Littlejohn
March 29, 2019
Professor Allison Littlejohn is a well-published and project-grounded expert in online education. Her emphasis on learning draws on a rich understanding of adult education and industry-based practice. We talked in the Jennie Lee building at the Open University.
Allison's photo available from AshleyCoombes Business Photos
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/014-Allison-Littlejohn-Final.mp3 | recorded December 2018
Allison's online profile: https://iet.open.ac.uk/people/allison.littlejohn
Allison's blog: https://littlebylittlejohn.com/
Nominated works (free to access):
- Littlejohn, Allison; Milligan, Colin; Fontana, Rosa Pia and Margaryan, Anoush (2016). Professional Learning Through Everyday Work: How Finance Professionals Self-Regulate Their Learning. Vocations and Learning: Studies in Vocational and Professional Education, 9(2) pp. 207–226. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2Fs12186-015-9144-1
- Littlejohn, Allison and Hood, Nina (2018). Becoming an online editor: perceived roles and responsibilities of Wikipedia editors. Information Research, 23(1), article no. paper 784. http://www.informationr.net/ir/23-1/paper784.html
- Milligan, Colin and Littlejohn, Allison (2017). Why Study on a MOOC? The Motives of Students and Professionals. The International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 18(2), article no. 4117. http://www.irrodl.org/index.php/irrodl/article/view/3033
- Milligan, Colin and Littlejohn, Allison (2016). How health professionals regulate their learning in massive open online courses. The Internet and Higher Education, 31 pp. 113–121. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.iheduc.2016.07.005
- Littlejohn, Allison and Milligan, Colin (2015). Designing MOOCs for professional learners: Tools and patterns to encourage self-regulated learning. eLearning Papers, 42, article no. 4. http://oro.open.ac.uk/46385/3/Design_Patterns_for_Open_Online_Teaching_and_Learning_Design_Paper_42_4.pdf
Nominated works (require purchase):
- Littlejohn, Allison and Hood, Nina (2018). Reconceptualising Learning in the Digital Age: The [un]democratising potential of MOOCs. SpringerBriefs in Open and Distance Education. Singapore: Springer.
- Littlejohn, Allison and Pegler, Chris (2007). Preparing for Blended e-Learning. Connecting with e-Learning. Abingdon, UK: Routledge.
- Littlejohn, Allison and Pegler, Chris eds. (2014). Reusing Open Resources: Learning in Open Networks for Work, Life and Education. Advancing technology enhanced learning. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Littlejohn, Allison and Margaryan, Anoush eds. (2013). Technology-enhanced Professional Learning: Processes, Practices, and Tools. Abingdon: Routledge.
- Littlejohn, Allison ed. (2003). Reusing Online Resources: A Sustainable Approach to E-learning. Open & Flexible Learning Series. Kogan Page Limited.
Allison's Open Research Online (ORO) page: http://oro.open.ac.uk/view/person/ahl69.html
Twitter: @allisonl<<< Back to Leaders & Legends of Online Learning