018 Professor Jon Dron
May 24, 2019
Professor Jon Dron was a musician before developing an interest in the professorial lifestyle – and his interest in computers and education. His work in online education spans multiple publications emphasising social media, motivation and online pedagogies. Jon’s work has always sought to challenge and improve online learning practice. Jon and I talked via Skype.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/018-Jon-Dron-Final.mp3 | recorded March 2019
Jon's online profile: https://jondron.ca/
Link to works: https://jondron.ca/publications/
Nominated works (free to access):
- Dron, J. (2016). P-learning’s unwelcome legacy. TD Tecnologie Didattiche, 24(1), 72-81. http://www.tdjournal.itd.cnr.it/article/view/891/757
- Dron, J., & Anderson, T. (2016). The Future of E-Learning. In C. Haythornewaite, R. Andrews, J. Fransman, E. Meyers (Eds.) The Sage Handbook of E-Learning Research. Sage. Preprint available at https://auspace.athabascau.ca/bitstream/handle/2149/3542/Haythornthwaite_Edited_MS_Chapter_26.docx?sequence=1&isAllowed=y
- Dron, J., & Anderson, T. (2014). On the Design of Social Media for Learning. Social Sciences, 3(3), 378. Retrieved from http://www.mdpi.com/2076-0760/3/3/378
- Dron, J. (2013). Soft is hard and hard is easy: learning technologies and social media. [tecnologie per l’apprendimento; connettivismo; social media; progettazione tecnologica; educazione]. Form@re, 13(1), 32-43. Retrieved from http://www.fupress.net/index.php/formare/article/view/12613
- Dron, J. (2002). Achieving Self-Organisation in Network-Based Learning Environments. PhD, University of Brighton, Brighton. Retrieved from https://jondron.ca/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/thesiscorrectedfinaldraft.pdf
Nominated works (may require purchase):
- Dron, J. & Anderson, T. (2014), Teaching Crowds: Learning & Social Media. Athabasca: AU Press (alternatively, visit https://teachingcrowds.ca for freely downloadable and distributable versions).
- Dron, J. (2007). Control and Constraint in E-Learning: Choosing When to Choose. Hershey, PA: Idea Group International.
Twitter: @jondron<<< Back to Leaders & Legends of Online Learning