Leaders & Legends of Online Learning
047 Professor Michael Sankey
Professor Michael Sankey has two decades' experience in online and distance education. His work as a practitioner, thinker and facilitator have assisted universities across Australasia and further afield to improve their practice.
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/047-Michael-Sankey-Final.mp3 | recorded September 2020
Michael's ePortfolio: https://eportfolio.usq.edu.au/user/sankey/home
Michael's Griffith Experts site: https://experts.griffith.edu.au/18879-michael-sankey
Michael's ResearchGate handle: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Michael_Sankey
Michael's Wordpress Blog: https://michaelsankey.com/
Michael's LinkedIn profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/michaelsankey/
Nominated links (free to access):
- Sankey, M. 2020. Putting the pedagogic horse in front of the technology cart. Journal of Distance Education in China. 5, pp .46-53. DOI:10.13541/j.cnki.chinade.2020.05.006 The English version of this article may be found at: https://michaelsankey.com/2020/05/22/putting-the-pedagogic-horse-in-front-of-the-technology-cart/
- Sankey, M. 2020. Benchmarking for Technology-enabled learning. In S. Panda and S. Mishra (Eds). Technology-Enabled learning: Policy, Pedagogy and Practice. Chapter 16. pp.213-220. Commonwealth of Learning. BC Canada. ISBN 978-1-894975-98-8.
- Sankey, M., Mishra, S. 2019. Benchmarking Toolkit for Technology-Enabled Learning. The Commonwealth of Learning (COL). British Columbia, Canada.
- Sankey, M. 2020. The ACODE Learning Leaders Vodcast Series. Available at: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQHtUlUwqNy5Txa4thrlmlw/
- Sankey, M. 2018. Understanding Micro-Credentials. Youtube Video describing how the use of micro-credentials in the Australian higher education sector has expanded significantly in the last 12 - 18 months.
Nominated works (require purchase):
- Sankey, M., & Padro, F. 2016. 'ACODE Benchmarks for Technology EnhancedIJQSS.jpg Learning (TEL): Findings from a 24 university benchmarking exercise regarding the benchmarks’ fitness for purpose and capacity to generate useful quality assurance information'. International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences. 8(3). pp.345-362. DOI: 10.1108/IJQSS-04-2016-0033
- Watch out in early 2021 for: Sankey, M. 2021. 'Learning Technologies'. Chapter 8 in, L.Hunt, & D. Chalmers (Eds.) University Teaching in Focus: A learning-centred approach. 2nd Edition. Routledge. UK.
Brought to you by Leaders & Legends of Online Learning of Leaders & Legends of Online Learning