Leaders & Legends of Online Learning
061 Professor Sarah Guri-Rosenblit
Professor Sarah Guri-Rosenblit is an active scholar. She has published multiple books and over 100 articles concerned with distance and online education – which, she has famously established, are not the same thing. Professor Guri-Rosenblit is Professor in the department of Education and Psychology with the Open University of Israel. Until October 2019 she served as Vice-President for Academic Affairs, prior to which she was Dean of Academic Development and Learning Technologies (2012-2017). Throughout her academic career, Professor Guri-Rosenblit has participated in many international forums, task committees, and collaborative research projects, such as the Scientific Committee of Europe and North America of the UNESCO Forum for Higher Education, Research and Knowledge (2003-2009); the Fulbright New Century Scholars (2005-2006); evaluation teams of the Higher Education and Social Change of the European Science Foundation (2007-2012) and the Bellagio Conference Center of Rockefeller (since 2007); Bologna Experts (2011-2014); the University of the Future Network (since 2016); and PhD Symposium Experts of EDEN (since 2019).
Interview: https://episodes.castos.com/onlinelearninglegends/c64ca45a-24a4-4f2f-bb88-88e2bb6a7454-061-Sarah-Guri-Rosenblit-Final.mp3 | recorded August 2021
Sarah’s profile: https://www.openu.ac.il/personal_sites/sara-guri-rosenblit.html
Moeketsi’s Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/moeketsi.letseka.7
- Guri-Rosenblit, S. (1999). Distance and Campus Universities: Tensions and Interactions: A Comparative Study of Five Countries. Oxford: Pergamon Press & International Association of Universities. (290 pp.)
- Guri-Rosenblit, S. (2010). Digital Technologies in Higher Education: Sweeping Expectations and Actual Effects. New York: Nova Science Publishers, (178 pp.)
- Guri-Rosenblit, S. (2005). ‘Distance Education’ and ‘E-Learning’: Not the Same Thing, Higher Education, 49 (4), 467-493.
- Guri-Rosenblit, S. (2018). E-Teaching in Higher Education: An Essential Prerequisite for E-Learning, Journal for New Approaches in Educational Research, 7 (2), 93-97.
- Guri-Rosenblit, S. (2019). Open Universities: Innovative Past, Challenging Present and Prospective Future, International Review of Research in Open and Distributed Learning, 20 (4), 179-194.
Brought to you by Leaders & Legends of Online Learning of Leaders & Legends of Online Learning